PM Security

For all your security needs contact Padraig Moore on: 087 2796193 or ...


U21s reach Southern final

30 November 2014

U21B South S/final Vs Kilmacow 30th November 2014

The Dunnamaggin U21 hurlers advanced to the Southern Final by beating Kilmacow by the narrowest of margins in a bitterly cold Mullinvat on Sunday afternoon. Kilmacow were quick off the mark putting over two points in the opening few mins and seemed to get into their rhythm quickly before Dunnamaggin found the net to open their scoring. A long ball in was very well fielded by Anthony Kearney who’s initial shot was saved only for the resultant block finding its way to Jason Doherty who made no mistake. Kilmacow responded immediately with a point before on the 10min mark John Fitzpatrick put over a lovely point from the sideline on the village side of the pitch. Dunnamaggin seemed to be gaining some ground in the centre through great work from Peter Kenneally, Paddy Delaney and Eoghan Kearney at centre back but some soft frees were being gifted to Kilmacow. John pointed a good free to edge Dunnamaggin in front. Ronan Coffey who was lively throughout the hour was in on goal on the 17th min but his shot was excellently saved by the goalie for a 65 which went wide. As the half time whistle approached Kilmacow were awarded a penalty which was cooly put over the bar by the ever alert Dunnamaggin goalie Andrew O’Dwyer. Half time Dunnamaggin 1:02 Kilmacow 0:07.Both sides upped the work rate and intensity in the second half and there was some very good tough hurling by both sides throughout. Ronan Coffey, now on the half forward line put over a fine point after very good work from Adam Kenneally in the 2nd min, which was followed up with a free in off the posts from John Fitz and a fine point from play from Michael Cody to Kilmacow’s one point in the same period, Dunnamaggin 1:05 Kilmacow 0:08 draw game. Peter Kenneally then forced another great save from the Kilmacow keeper after great fielding and hand pass from Anthony Kearney. The game was starting to go Dunnamaggin’s way. Jason Doherty made way for Victor Costello midway through the half with Victor going in half back to join Paul Kirwan who had moved out to half back as well. Paddy Delaney was now operating at full forward after shipping a heavy knock earlier. Anthony again put over a fine point after a hand pass from John Fitz as the Dunnamaggin attack continued to cause havoc. Kilmacow then pointed another free to keep the sides level. Then, with ten min’s left on the on the clock and the Dunnamaggin backs very solid, Dunnamaggin drove on for home, an excellent point from Anthony on his left side edged his team in front. With the next attach Paddy Delaney forced a reflex save from the keeper as he pulled on the ground first time but Peter won the resulting clearance and  put over a huge point from the center of the field. Ronan followed this up with two fine points and the Dunnamaggin lads seemed safe but Kilmacow were not giving up they pointed a free and won another one as the game was heading to a close. The free was landed in and it just eluded the safe hands of Andrew o Dwyer and fell to the ground and from the resultant scramble it was deemed to have crossed the line, draw game. Time was surely up as both sides battled it out to get the winner but when the ever skilful Eoghan Kearney at centre back won the ball uncontested he knew he had to drop it into the danger zone, where his brother Anthony duly caught it, slipped his marker and split the posts to put his team into the final. Dunnamaggin 1:11 Kilmacow 1:10Panel:- Andrew O’Dwyer, Conor Long, William Moylan, Paul Kirwan, Aaron Doherty, Eoghan Kearney, Andrew Fitzpatrick, Peter Kenneally, Adam Kenneally, Michael Cody, john Fitzpatrick, Anthony Keaney, Ronan Coffey, Jason Doherty, Victor Costello, Greg O’Donnell, Brian Farrell, Jack Brett, Willie Bergin. Mentors:- Noel Hickey, Kenny Moore and Denis Lahart.